Lamb fillets are given an international twist in this hearty and colourful salad thats so easy to make.
The ingredient of Chargrilled eggplant, lamb and butter bean salad
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 500g lamb fillets, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon sumac (see note)
- 2 x 400g cans butter beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup pitted black olives, halved
- 1/2 cup plain yoghurt (thick)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
The instruction how to make Chargrilled eggplant, lamb and butter bean salad
- Preheat a barbecue grill on medium-high. Using 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, brush both sides of eggplant slices with oil. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until tender and charred. Roughly chop eggplant.
- Brush lamb with 2 teaspoons oil. Cook for 3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil. Stand for 5 minutes. Slice thickly across the grain.
- Whisk vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon sumac and remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a bowl. Add eggplant, beans, mint, parsley and olives to the dressing. Toss gently.
- Arrange bean mixture on plates. Top with lamb. Combine yoghurt and garlic and spoon over lamb. Sprinkle with remaining sumac and serve.
Nutritions of Chargrilled eggplant, lamb and butter bean saladcalories: