Flavoursome pork mince wontons bathe in this beautiful chicken and prawn soup to create a magnificent Asian meal.
The ingredient of Combination short soup
- 2L (8 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 3 single (about 200g each) chicken breast fillets
- 2 large carrots, peeled, cut into 5cm-long matchsticks
- 500g medium green prawns, peeled, deveined
- 1/4 Chinese cabbage (won nga bak), finely shredded
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 150g pork mince
- 2 green shallots, ends trimmed, finely chopped
- 2cm-piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 12 flour wonton wrappers
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
The instruction how to make Combination short soup
- Place the stock in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Add the chicken breasts and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until the chicken is just cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside for 10 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Shred chicken into thin strips.
- To make the pork wontons, combine the pork mince, shallots, ginger, soy sauce and garlic in a bowl. Place the wonton wrappers on a clean work surface. Spoon 3 teaspoonsful of the pork mixture onto the centre of each wrapper. Brush wrapper edges with egg and pinch together to enclose filling and form small pouches.
- Place the stock in a clean saucepan and bring to the boil over medium heat. Add the wontons and carrot and cook for 2 minutes. Add the shredded chicken, prawns and cabbage and cook for a further 2 minutes or until the prawns just change colour and the cabbage wilts. Stir in the soy sauce. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Divide the wontons equally among serving bowls. Ladle over the soup and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Combination short soupcalories: 608.733 calories
calories: 15 grams fat
calories: 5 grams saturated fat
calories: 30 grams carbohydrates
calories: 81 grams protein
calories: 1431.36 milligrams sodium