This creamy chicken soup is sure to become a family favourite .
The ingredient of Cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 3 (900g) chicken marylands, skin removed
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 medium leek, trimmed, halved, washed, chopped
- 50g butter
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup pure cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
The instruction how to make Cream of chicken soup
- Place 3 1/2 cups cold water, stock, chicken, onion, celery and leek in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, for 1 hour. Transfer chicken to a bowl. Cool slightly. Remove and discard bones. Shred meat. Set aside. Strain stock mixture into a large heatproof jug. Discard solids.
- Melt butter in pan over medium-high heat. Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until bubbling. Gradually stir in stock mixture and cream. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Add chicken. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until soup thickens slightly. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve.
Nutritions of Cream of chicken soupcalories: 628.331 calories
calories: 40.2 grams fat
calories: 20.7 grams saturated fat
calories: 16.2 grams carbohydrates
calories: 50.2 grams protein
calories: 292 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1698 milligrams sodium