For an easy Tuesday night meal with crunch, give tender crumbed chicken a fresh twist by adding an Aussie favourite to the breadcrumbs.
The ingredient of Macadamia-crusted chicken
- 100g macadamia nuts
- 60g (1 cup) fresh breadcrumbs
- 75g (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 4 chicken breast minute steaks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
The instruction how to make Macadamia-crusted chicken
- Place macadamia nuts in the bowl of a food processor and use the pulse button to crush. Transfer to a bowl. Add breadcrumbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place flour on a plate. Lightly whisk eggs in a bowl. Dip chicken into flour. Shake off excess. Dip in egg, then macadamia mixture, pressing firmly to coat.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook chicken for 3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Serve with vegies.
Nutritions of Macadamia-crusted chickencalories: 520.064 calories
calories: 33 grams fat
calories: 6 grams saturated fat
calories: 25 grams carbohydrates
calories: 2 grams sugar
calories: 30 grams protein
calories: 162 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 317.55 milligrams sodium