Kids already love chicken nuggets. Pop them into a taco and WOW, they just became a dinner favourite!
The ingredient of Chicken nugget tacos recipe
- 700g frozen chicken nuggets
- Vegetable oil, to shallow- fry, plus 1 1/2 tablespoon, extra
- 450g frozen corn kernels
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt spice mix for burritos
- 4 qukes (baby cucumbers), thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 limes, rind finely grated, plus extra lime wedges, to serve
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh coriander (see tip), plus extra sprigs, to serve
- 2 avocados, mashed
- 12 small white tortillas, warmed
- 260g (1 cup) Greek-style yoghurt
The instruction how to make Chicken nugget tacos recipe
- COOK THE NUGGETS FAST Place nuggets on a microwave-safe plate in a single layer. Microwave on High for 3 minutes or until thawed. Add oil to a large frying pan to come 1cm up the side of pan. Heat over high heat. Cook the nuggets, in batches, for 1-2 minutes each side or until golden and heated through. Transfer to a tray lined with paper towel to drain.
- COOK THE VEGIES Meanwhile, heat 1 tbs extra oil in a separate frying pan over high heat. Add corn and garlic. Stir occasionally for 4 minutes or until hot. Stir in half spice mix. Remove from heat. Stir in quke, lime rind and coriander. Season.
- TIME TO SERVE Transfer nuggets to a large bowl. Reserve a pinch of remaining spice mix. Add remaining to nuggets. Gently toss. Spread avocado on tortillas. Top with nuggets, corn mixture and extra coriander. Top yoghurt with remaining extra oil and reserved spice mix. Serve with tacos and extra lime.
Nutritions of Chicken nugget tacos recipecalories: 1122.344 calories
calories: 61.6 grams fat
calories: 16.8 grams saturated fat
calories: 97.9 grams carbohydrates
calories: 37.7 grams protein