This fresh Cantonese dish takes just 20 minutes! The crispy fish is served with jasmine rice and steamed Asian greens.
The ingredient of Cantonese-style crispy fish
- 5cm-piece ginger, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced diagonally (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 4 (about 200g each) white fish fillets (such as basa or pink ling)
- Steamed Asian greens, to serve
- 4 spring onions, cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
The instruction how to make Cantonese-style crispy fish
- Combine the ginger, chilli, if using, garlic, rice wine or sherry, soy sauce, sesame oil and sugar in a small bowl.
- Heat the peanut oil in a frying pan over high heat until just smoking. Add the fish. Cook for 3 mins each side or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Transfer the fish to a serving platter with the steamed Asian greens. Quickly pour the ginger mixture over the fish. Sprinkle with the spring onion and coriander. Serve with rice.
Nutritions of Cantonese-style crispy fishcalories: 271.504 calories
calories: 9 grams fat
calories: 2 grams saturated fat
calories: 2 grams carbohydrates
calories: 2 grams sugar
calories: 41 grams protein
calories: 524 milligrams sodium