If youre guilty of frenzied last-minute dinners, a little bit of meal prep is all you need. Make our freeze and save one-pot big-batch chicken recipe, then turn it into this creamy bacon and mushroom chicken dinner. Winner, winner!
The ingredient of Creamy slow cooker bacon and mushroom chicken recipe
- 150g smoked streaky bacon, chopped
- 250g button mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 300ml thickened cream
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 batch Freeze and save one-pot big-batch chicken (see notes for recipe)
- 2 green shallots, sliced
- 150g (1 cup) frozen peas, to serve
- Brown rice, to serve (see notes)
The instruction how to make Creamy slow cooker bacon and mushroom chicken recipe
- Place the bacon in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until golden. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring often for 4 minutes or until cooked. Add the cream and thyme. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly. Transfer to an airtight container and freeze.
- Defrost the boscaiola sauce (see notes). Place in a large saucepan with a batch of the defrosted chicken and the peas. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until warmed through. Serve with warmed brown rice.
Nutritions of Creamy slow cooker bacon and mushroom chicken recipecalories: