Juicy chicken slathered in homemade teriyaki sauce, honey and charcoal? Daiki’s yakitori has to be hitting the barbecue menu this summer.
The ingredient of Taste of Australia with Hayden Quinn: Daikis chicken yakitori recipe
- 5 Lilydale Free Range Chicken thigh fillets
- 3 large spring onions, trimmed
- 2 tbs Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- 100ml sake
- 125ml soy sauce
- 100ml mirin
- 1 tbs honey*
- 2 cups, cooked short grain rice
- Lime, cheeks
- Japanese togarashi seasoning, to taste
The instruction how to make Taste of Australia with Hayden Quinn: Daikis chicken yakitori recipe
- Light your Weber or BBQ at least half an hour before you want to cook.
- Make the teriyaki sauce. Combine sake, soy, mirin and honey in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until honey has melted and incorporated into sauce. Remove from heat and set aside until needed.
- Slice chicken into 3cm pieces. Cut spring onions into 3cm batons. Thread two pieces of chicken onto the skewers and then one peice of spring onion, continue this pattern until skewer is full and all chicken is used. Brush each skewer with a little olive oil and season with sea salt.
- Place skewers on hot BBQ. Cook turning frequently. Each time you turn, remove from heat and brush with teriyaki sauce, repeat until chicken is well glazed and cooked through (10-15mins).
- Serve skewers to a large platter with a side of rice, lime cheek and togarashi seasoning to taste.
Nutritions of Taste of Australia with Hayden Quinn: Daikis chicken yakitori recipecalories: