Make it a dinner party to remember with these gourmet tarts. Parmesan pastry makes them extra special.
The ingredient of Quail egg & salmon tarts
- 200g can red salmon, drained, bones and skin discarded, flaked
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 8 quail eggs*, cooked in boiling water for 3-4 minutes for hard-boiled, halved
- 1 punnet mustard cress*, or chopped flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
- 175g plain flour
- 50g parmesan, grated
- 110g unsalted butter
- 1 egg yolk
The instruction how to make Quail egg & salmon tarts
- For pastry, whiz flour, parmesan, butter and a pinch of salt in a food processor to combine. Add yolk and 2 tablespoons chilled water, then whiz until mixture forms a smooth ball. Enclose in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes, then roll out to 2-3mm thick on a floured surface. Use to line eight 8cm loose-bottomed tartlet pans. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Line tarts with baking paper and fill with pastry weights or uncooked rice. Bake for 15 minutes, then remove paper and weights and cool.
- Use a fork to mash salmon with parsley, mayonnaise, zest and juice. Season with salt and pepper. Divide mixture among the tarts, then top with a halved quail egg. Serve garnished with cress or parsley.
Nutritions of Quail egg & salmon tartscalories: