Freshly cured salmon is given a modern twist with the Asian flavours of coriander and chilli.
The ingredient of Asian-style gravlax
- 200g sugar
- 100g rock salt
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, leaves picked, chopped
- 4 fresh red birdseye chillies, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 2 (about 250g each) salmon fillets, skin on, all bones removed
The instruction how to make Asian-style gravlax
- Combine sugar, salt, coriander, chilli and sherry in a large bowl.
- Place some of the sugar mixture over the base of a deep dish that is large enough to hold the salmon in a single layer. Rub more sugar mixture all over the salmon. Place salmon in the dish and pack any remaining sugar mixture over the top.
- Tightly cover the dish with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 1/2-2 days, turning once or twice, or until the salmon is firm to the touch.
- Use a sharp boning knife with a flexible blade to thinly slice the gravlax.
Nutritions of Asian-style gravlaxcalories: