Even the kids will love this creamy lemon chicken dinner, served with mashed potato and green beans.
The ingredient of Chicken piccata
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 4 small chicken breast fillets
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 40g butter
- 2 eschalots, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon thyme leaves, plus extra to serve
- 1 cup Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 300ml tub light thickened cream for cooking
- 1 small lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons drained baby capers, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Mashed potato, to serve
- 200g steamed green beans, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken piccata
- Place flour in a large snap-lock bag. Season with salt and pepper. Place chicken in snap-lock bag. Seal bag. Shake to coat chicken in flour.
- Heat 1/2 the oil and 1/2 the butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan, shaking off excess flour. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes each side or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining oil and remaining butter to frying pan. Add eschalot, garlic and thyme. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until eschalot has softened. Add chicken stock, lemon juice and cream to pan. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Bring to a simmer. Return chicken to pan. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce has slightly thickened.
- Add lemon slices to pan. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with capers, parsley and extra thyme. Serve with mashed potato and steamed green beans.
Nutritions of Chicken piccatacalories: 744.724 calories
calories: 39 grams fat
calories: 19.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 39.6 grams carbohydrates
calories: 54.4 grams protein
calories: 179 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 552 milligrams sodium