Try this low-carb Mexican chicken bowl. Save the leftovers for a delicious and filling lunch the next day.
The ingredient of Mexican chicken and rice bowl
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 4 Coles Australian RSPCA Approved Chicken Thigh Fillets
- 450g pkt microwavable brown rice
- 1/3 cup (85g) Mexican tomato salsa
- 400g can red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 400g can corn kernels, rinsed, drained
- 1 avocado, peeled, stoned, coarsely chopped
- 2 iceberg lettuce leaves, shredded
- 1 tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lime juice
- Sour cream, to serve
- Coriander leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Mexican chicken and rice bowl
- Combine half the oil and half the paprika in a large bowl. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Heat a greased barbecue grill or chargrill on high. Cook the chicken for 5 mins each side or until charred and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 mins to rest. Thickly slice.
- Meanwhile, heat the rice following packet directions. Transfer to large heatproof bowl. Add the salsa and beans and stir to combine.
- Divide the rice mixture, chicken, corn, avocado, lettuce and tomato among serving bowls. Combine the lime juice with the remaining oil and paprika in a small bowl. Drizzle over the chicken mixture in the bowls. Top with a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle with coriander leaves.
Nutritions of Mexican chicken and rice bowlcalories: