A dollop of pesto and shaved parmesan make this fragrant chicken broth extra special.
The ingredient of Spring vegetable and chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 leek, halved, washed, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 Continental Chicken Stock Pots
- 150g green beans, cut into 2cm lengths
- 400g can borlotti beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 cups (320g) shredded Coles Hot Roast Chicken
- 60g baby spinach
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup (90g) basil pesto
- Grated parmesan, to serve
- Coles Bakery Stone Baked Light Rye Sourdough Vienna, sliced, to serve
The instruction how to make Spring vegetable and chicken broth
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add carrot and cook, stirring, for 5 mins. Add leek and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 mins.
- Add stock pots and 6 cups (1.5L) water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 mins. Add green beans, borlotti beans and chicken. Cook for a further 5 mins. Stir in spinach and spring onion. Season well.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Top with a dollop of pesto and parmesan. Serve with bread.
Nutritions of Spring vegetable and chicken brothcalories: