Mini pies are the perfect party food, and this chicken version is fragrant and flavoursome.
The ingredient of Chicken and leek pies
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 450g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 100g Swiss brown mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 80ml (1/3 cup) pouring cream
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 12 fresh lemon thyme sprigs
- 40g (1/2 cup) coarsely grated gruyere
- 2 sheets frozen shortcrust pastry, partially thawed
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, partially thawed
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
The instruction how to make Chicken and leek pies
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 3 minutes each side or until almost cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Season. Cool and cut into 2cm pieces.
- Add leek to pan. Stir for 5 minutes or until soft. Add mushroom and garlic. Stir for 3 minutes or until just cooked. Stir in chicken, cream, mustard and thyme. Cook for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked and sauce has thickened slightly. Transfer to a bowl. Cool. Discard thyme sprigs. Stir in gruyere.
- Preheat oven to 220C. Grease twelve 80ml (1/3 cup) muffin pans with oil spray. Use an 8.5cm round pastry cutter to cut 12 discs from shortcrust pastry. Line pans with pastry discs. Prick bases with a fork. Bake for 10 minutes or until light golden. Remove pastry cases and place on a lined baking tray.
- Divide chicken mixture among pastry cases. Use a 7.5cm round pastry cutter to cut 12 discs from the puff pastry. Brush the edges with egg. Place over the chicken mixture, pressing edges to seal. Use a 4cm flower-shaped pastry cutter to cut 12 flowers from remaining puff pastry. Brush with egg and place on the pies. Cut a small slit in the top of the pies. Bake for 10 minutes or until puffed and golden.
Nutritions of Chicken and leek piescalories: 231.83 calories
calories: 15 grams fat
calories: 6.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 13 grams carbohydrates
calories: 11 grams protein