No need for slicing up and dishing out the meal, just give everyone their own pie then watch them disappear.
The ingredient of Chicken and mushroom pies
- 600g potatoes, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 40g butter
- 125ml (1/2 cup) pouring cream
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 600g single chicken breast fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 leek, trimmed, halved lengthways, washed, thinly sliced
- 250g cup mushrooms, halved
- 125ml (1/2 cup) dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 250ml (1 cup) Massel chicken style liquid stock
The instruction how to make Chicken and mushroom pies
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Cook the potato in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to the pan. Add half the butter and half the cream. Mash until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the mustard.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add the chicken to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until golden and almost cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- Melt the remaining butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat until foaming. Add the leek and mushroom, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until soft. Add the wine and cook for 2 minutes or until the wine has reduced by half. Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until the mixture bubbles. Remove from heat. Gradually add the stock, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until smooth. Place over medium-high heat. Stir with a wooden spoon for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce thickens and comes to the boil. Remove from heat. Stir in the chicken and remaining cream.
- Divide chicken mixture among four 310ml (1 1/4-cup) capacity ovenproof dishes. Use a spoon to spread the potato mixture over the chicken mixture.
- Place on the lined tray. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly before serving.
Nutritions of Chicken and mushroom piescalories: 501.183 calories
calories: 25 grams fat
calories: 14 grams saturated fat
calories: 23 grams carbohydrates
calories: 3 grams sugar
calories: 41 grams protein
calories: 143 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 489.01 milligrams sodium