By crossing fruit pudding with banana bread, create a new make-ahead Christmas classic thats at home in the height of summer.
The ingredient of Steamed banana pudding
- Melted butter, to grease
- 125g butter, chopped
- 100g (1/2 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 3 overripe bananas, peeled, mashed
- 200g dried pineapple, coarsely chopped
- 200g dried apricot, coarsely chopped
- 100g dried mango, coarsely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 75g (1/2 cup) self-raising flour
- 75g (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 175g (2 1/2 cups) fresh breadcrumbs (made from day-old bread)
- Pauls vanilla custard, to serve
The instruction how to make Steamed banana pudding
- Brush a 2L (8-cup) capacity pudding basin, with a lid, with melted butter. Line the base with non-stick baking paper.
- Stir the butter, sugar, banana, pineapple, apricot and mango in a large saucepan over low heat until butter melts. Set aside to cool. Stir in the eggs, nutmeg and combined flour, then stir in the breadcrumbs until combined.
- Spoon into prepared basin. Smooth the surface. Cover with the lid. Place in a large saucepan. Add enough boiling water to come halfway up the side of the basin. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Cover and cook, topping up water if necessary, for 2 1/2 hours or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Serve with custard.
Nutritions of Steamed banana puddingcalories: 519.586 calories
calories: 15 grams fat
calories: 9 grams saturated fat
calories: 81 grams carbohydrates
calories: 53 grams sugar
calories: 9 grams protein
calories: 90 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 343.95 milligrams sodium