Moist and delicious, this classic banana bread combines juicy sultanas for a twist on the traditional.
The ingredient of Banana and sultana bread
- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 3/4 cup (125g) sultanas
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (250ml) reduced fat milk
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 2 large ripe bananas)
The instruction how to make Banana and sultana bread
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Line the base and sides of a 23cm x 13cm loaf pan with non-stick baking paper.
- Sift flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt and cinnamon into a large bowl. Stir in sugar and sultanas.
- Combine eggs, milk and bananas in a large jug. Whisk with a fork, until well combined. Using a large metal spoon, stir egg mixture into dry ingredients, until well combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack to cool completely. Slice and serve lightly buttered, or toasted.
Nutritions of Banana and sultana breadcalories: