It will only take a few minutes of prep before you can be serving these mouth-watering banoffee-filled hot cross buns.
The ingredient of Banoffee-filled hot cross buns recipe
- 40g butter
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 small bananas, sliced diagonally
- 2 pkts Coles Finest by Laurent Traditional Brioche or Sourdough Hot Cross Buns, split
- 1/2 cup (125ml) caramel sauce
- 300ml thickened cream, whipped
- Icing sugar, to serve
The instruction how to make Banoffee-filled hot cross buns recipe
- Melt half the butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the sugar, stirring constantly, until combined. Add the banana and cook for 2 mins each side or until caramelised. Transfer to a plate. Set aside to cool.
- Spread the buns with the remaining butter. Cook, cut-side down, in a clean frying pan over medium heat for 2 mins or until golden.
- Place the bun bases on serving plates. Drizzle with half the caramel sauce. Top with the banana.
- Place the whipped cream in a bowl. Spoon over the remaining caramel sauce and gently swirl to marble. Dollop over the banana on the bun bases. Top with bun tops. Dust with icing sugar and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Banoffee-filled hot cross buns recipecalories: