Turn your favourite pumpkin soup recipe into a hearty meal by adding gnocchi and crisp pancetta.
The ingredient of Pumpkin and gnocchi soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1kg pumpkin, peeled, seeded, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 cups Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 100g sliced pancetta, torn (optional for a vegetarian option)
- 2 tablespoons torn sage leaves
- 700g pkt ready made gnocchi
The instruction how to make Pumpkin and gnocchi soup
- Heat half the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic for 5 minutes. Add pumpkin and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or until pumpkin is tender. Using a hand held blender, process soup until smooth. Season.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook pancetta and sage for 4-5 minutes or until crisp.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Cook gnocchi for 2 minutes or until tender and they rise to the surface. Drain.
- Divide soup between serving bowls. Add gnocchi and top with pancetta mixture.
Nutritions of Pumpkin and gnocchi soupcalories: 564.518 calories
calories: 20.2 grams fat
calories: 4.9 grams saturated fat
calories: 78.8 grams carbohydrates
calories: 9.8 grams sugar
calories: 19 grams protein
calories: 28 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1991 milligrams sodium