Whip up perfectly smooth mousse in no time with this simple six-step recipe.
The ingredient of Classic chocolate mousse
- 200g dark cooking chocolate, finely chopped
- 25g butter
- 3 eggs, separated, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 310ml (11 u20444 cups) thickened cream
The instruction how to make Classic chocolate mousse
- Melt the chocolate, butter and 60ml (1 u20444 cup) cream in a large heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Use a metal spoon to stir the egg yolks and vanilla extract into the melted chocolate mixture. Donu2019t overstir, as this can cause the chocolate to harden.
- Use electric beaters to beat the remaining cream in a bowl until soft peaks form u2013 the cream should just cling to the beaters when you lift them.
- With a metal spoon, gently fold half the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture until almost combined. Then, carefully fold in the remaining cream.
- Use clean electric beaters to beat the egg whites in a clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form u2013 they should curl over slightly when you lift the beaters.
- Fold half the egg white into the chocolate mixture. Fold in remaining egg white. Divide among 6 glasses. Cover. Place in the fridge for 3 hours to set.
Nutritions of Classic chocolate moussecalories: 389.809 calories
calories: 32 grams fat
calories: 19 grams saturated fat
calories: 18 grams carbohydrates
calories: 17 grams sugar
calories: 7 grams protein
calories: 163 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 82.54 milligrams sodium