Preserved salmon the Scandanavian way adds a sour and pungent taste to this gourmet salad.
The ingredient of Gravlax, apple & kohlrabi salad
- 1 (400g) kohlrabi, peeled, cut into julienne (matchsticks)
- 2 baby bulbs fennel, trimmed, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 jonathan or gala apple, halved, cored, thinly sliced
- 4 red radishes, trimmed, cut into julienne (matchsticks)
- 4 cups watercress sprigs
- 500g gravlax (see related recipe), thinly sliced
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 160ml (2/3 cup) olive oil
The instruction how to make Gravlax, apple & kohlrabi salad
- To make mustard dressing, whisk egg yolk, vinegar and mustard in a bowl until well combined. Whisking continuously, gradually add oil in a thin, steady stream until emulsified. Season lightly with salt (the gravlax will be salty) and freshly ground black pepper. Makes 250ml (1 cup).
- Combine kohlrabi, fennel, apple, radishes, watercress and gravlax in a large bowl and gently toss until well combined. Drizzle over dressing and toss to coat.
- Divide salad among plates and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Gravlax, apple & kohlrabi saladcalories: 653.904 calories
calories: 49 grams fat
calories: 9 grams saturated fat
calories: 24 grams carbohydrates
calories: 20 grams sugar
calories: 25 grams protein
calories: 3496.65 milligrams sodium